ANNUAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications accepted from January 1 through September 1.
- One $1,000 scholarship awarded to a student of some kind of legal college, university or program, and
- One $1,000 scholarship awarded to a student of some kind of medical college, university or program.
Jackson Waechter loves both the medical and legal professions and believes the best of each field have something in common--they solve problems in creative and original ways, and these scholarships embrace this.
Winners are selected and contacted by end of September.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Open to any students of any kind of legal or medical college, university or program;
- No minimum GPA requirement;
- The primary criteria is creativity in the application;
- Background of the applicant may be considered.
Submit any creative entry about any of the following (300 word limit for essays).
- How the Medical and Legal Community can work more easily together;
- How to reduce medical mistakes;
- For medical students only: What lawyers don't know about medicine, but should;
- For law students only: What doctors don't know about law, but should; OR
- Any other novel topic mixing law and medicine.
Include (does not count toward your 150 words) your name and contact information and your background of not more than 40 words (include school and how far you are along).
Please visit the Birthlaw.com
website for more information and Guidelines
on how to apply for the Waechter Medical-Legal Scholarship.