Murrah Lecture Series

The Alfred P. Murrah Lecture Series (Historical)

Established: 1978
 
History
The Alfred P. Murrah Lectureship was established at the SMU Dedman School of Law through the generosity of the Hatton W. Sumners Foundation to commemorate the life work of Judge Alfred P. Murrah. Judge Murrah was Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit from 1940 until his death in 1975 and was Director of the Federal Judicial Center from 1970 to 1974. Mr. Sumners was the United States Congressman from Dallas from 1913 until 1947, and chaired the House Committee on the Judiciary.
             
In 2012, the Sumners Foundation combined the Murrah Lecture Series in with the scholarship program, dissolving the lecture program.
Lectures