SMU Certificate in Ethics and Compliance
February 21-22, 2018
James M. Collins Executive Education Center at SMU
The SMU Certificate Program in Ethics and Compliance is a multi-disciplinary certificate program designed for compliance, legal, and financial professionals. This program will strengthen your professional credentials and give you an immediate edge while you build your knowledge for higher levels of responsibility. The program represents an unprecedented collaboration within Southern Methodist University between the Cox School of Business, Dedman School of Law, and the Cary M. Maguire Center for Ethics and Public Responsibility. Jones Day and Deloitte are collaborating with SMU in this effort.
In ten challenging sessions and an interactive case discussion, this dynamic course will help you understand how legal, compliance, internal audit, corporate security, and other functions across an enterprise can effectively collaborate to implement and maintain modern compliance programs. SMU faculty members and practitioners will teach you:
- How to design and implement effective compliance programs
- Best practices in drafting standards, policies and procedures
- Steps to create a culture of integrity across your business
- A practical overview of strategic risk in Enterprise Risk Management, with a focus on fraud, ethics, corruption and culture risks
- An examination of the mindset of individuals convicted of insider trading
- Best practices in conducting and documenting internal investigations
- The increasing role the board plays in overseeing investigations
- The interaction between the board and internal audit with other departments
- How to respond to hotline reports and misconduct
- Preventing and managing claims of whistleblower retaliation
- How to leverage tools and techniques to modernize the compliance function
The learning experience will be a powerful one for participants as they learn from SMU faculty members, Jones Day partners, and dedicated professionals from Deloitte. Some sessions will be presentation style sessions while others will be interactive experiential sessions. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to meet and network with other compliance professionals; SMU faculty; and practitioners from Jones Day and Deloitte. Attendees will receive an Ethics and Compliance Certificate from SMU.
Price: $1,495; Group discounts available when multiple attendees from the same organization attend together.
To learn more about group discounts, or if you have any other questions, contact John Skinner at 214-768-7676 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For SMU Faculty and Staff discount, please contact us at 214-768-3335.
For more information on this program, contact Steve Yeager, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs and Faculty Supervisor, Corporate Counsel Externship Program, via email at email@example.com or call 214-768-4178.