The law school is located on the northwest corner of SMU’s main campus in Dallas, Texas. This provides easy access to many of SMU’s wonderful student resources, including:
- Dedman Center for Lifetime Sports. Students have access to one of the premier fitness facilities in Dallas at the Dedman Center for Lifetime Sports, which recently underwent a $25 million expansion. The facility is designed for recreational sports, wellness and intramural activities. Recreational facilities include a state-of-the-art weight room/fitness facility featuring individual flat screen televisions; racquetball, basketball, badminton, volleyball and sand volleyball courts; exercise studios; indoor soccer area; 25 meter indoor pool; outdoor fountain pool; indoor jogging track; and climbing center with rock-climbing wall. A snack bar and computer center are also located inside the Dedman Center.
- Health services. The University’s health facilities are located in the SMU Memorial Health Center. This convenient, economical medical clinic offers outpatient medical services, specialty clinics, pharmacy, and lab/X-ray facilities. The Health Center is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. Student insurance is available.
- Services for persons with disabilities. All students with disabilities – including physical disabilities, learning disabilities, eating disorders, and others – are served by the Coordinator of Services for Students with Disabilities. The Coordinator helps students with disabilities utilize resources they may need and helps them work with professors and staff in obtaining appropriate and reasonable accommodations. Admitted students with disabilities should contact the Coordinator’s office as soon as possible to get acquainted and file the necessary documentation.
- Counseling services. The Counseling and Testing Center takes a proactive position to facilitate healthy student development and maintain and enhance students’ psychological and emotional well-being. The Center offers a comprehensive array of psychological services, including counseling, assessment, crisis intervention, outreach and consultation.
- SMU Bookstore. The campus bookstore is located at 3060 Mockingbird Lane, on the southeast corner of campus. A wide selection of products and services are offered at this Barnes & Noble location, including the ability to purchase textbooks on-line and to sell used textbooks.
- SMU Student Housing. SMU offers a wide variety of University owned and managed housing. Graduate dormitories, off-campus apartments, duplexes and houses are all available. For more information, call 214-768-3327 or visit www.smu.edu/housing.
- SMU Preschool and Child Care Center. The SMU Preschool and Child Care Center is a fully licensed center open throughout the year to students, faculty, and staff. Children ages one month through five years are accepted, subject to space availability. Hours of operation are 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Fees are adjusted to the age of the child. For more information, contact the Director of the SMU Preschool and Child Care Center at 214-768-2278.