Many alumni and legal employers wonder how, other than financially, they can give to the Law School.
Joining our Professional Network is an excellent way to make a contribution to our future legal professionals and to the Dedman School of Law.
The Office of Career Services has established a most valuable career resource: the Dedman Law Professional Network, a listing of SMU Law alumni and legal professionals who are available to advise students on practice trends, geographic areas, and other career-related topics via email. Your time commitment could be a brief response to a student inquiry or ongoing supportive guidance. As a mentor, in addition to helping current students avoid some of the pitfalls and perils commonly faced by new lawyers, you stay connected to the Law School and develop a chain of contact with students and alumni that can be both personally and professionally rewarding.
How the Professional Network will work: Your name and contact information will not be published or widely distributed. As a student seeks career counseling and needs specialized advice, they will login to Symplicity to access the database of professionals and conduct a search for the contact most suited to assist with their career related questions.
If you would like to make a gift of your time and experience by joining the Professional Network, simply follow these instructions:
Need to Register For Symplicity?
- Using your Internet Browser, go to: https://law-smu-csm.symplicity.com/employers/
- Click on the “Register” tab
- Complete the requested information
- Click on “Professional Network” under the Services Requested field.
- Click the “Submit” button
We will send you an e-mail confirming your registration and containing your personal user name and password. You may then return to the employer site, login, and follow the instructions given below.
Already Registered in Symplicity but need access to the Professional Network?
- Email Beth Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org to add the “Professional Network” to your list of services
- Login at https://law-smu-csm.symplicity.com/employers/
- Click “Account” on the Tool bar
- Click on the “Professional Network” tab
- Complete the information requested to join the network
- Click the “Save Changes” button
We look forward to including you in the Professional Network.
Update your e-mail and home address
Post a Job: http://www.law.smu.edu/Forms/Career/jobpostingform.aspx