[ Get Access ]
SMU Law Menu

SMU Dedman Law

  [ Get Access ]

Students enrolled in classes
If you are a student and have never worked at SMU please complete the Student Additional form and all the attached forms in the Student Employee New Hire Packet and return them to the Finance Office, which is located in Storey Hall room 126, before you start working. If you have worked for SMU within the past year complete the student additional form only. Do not start working till all your forms have been turned in to the Finance Office. The I-9 must be done at the Expressway Towers, located at 6116 N. Central Expressway, Ste 200, Dallas, TX 75206.

Students NOT enrolled in classes and Temporary Employees
If you are not enrolled in classes the semester you are working you are consider a temporary employee. Please complete the “Authorization and Consent for Release of Information" form and take it to the HR dept. After the completion of the background check, HR will send an authorization to make an offer. When you have received an offer to work from the department you will need to print out the Temporary Staff Employee Packet which includes a Direct Deposit form, W-4 and the Temporary Employee Statement. Please submit the completed forms to the Finance Office which is located in Storey Hall room 126.

You will record your time on My.smu.edu

Please follow the directions on this link to record your time.

For Web Clock Support:

For assistance (including connectivity and general usage questions), contact the OIT Help Desk at 214-768-4357 or email help@smu.edu.